Sunday, April 17, 2005

Struck Down by Lord Nyax

Spent some time in a cantina and med centre. Why? Max and I got struck down the other day. We met up for some POI exploring. I had this niggling feeling I needed to go back to an old POI I had visited long time ago... where I hear the whispering of dead jedi. The old Lord Nyax Cult Base. I set up camp on Corellia near the Beachfront Mall, where I had met with Ebe. There I played with Keewnye again while I waited for Max to show up. She loves chasing the butterflies.

Max... looks different... "feels" different. I know he is really working through what has happened to him. I wish there was something I can do. Be there. Support him. I don't know what else. *I care Max... tell me what you need from me* He has been working very hard on his medical training. I can sense the Force very stong in him again... not so distorted like before. I wonder if he is getting Force training somewhere. He showed up at my camp with no armor nor weapons, just his pets. *smile* He was in black with his brown hooded cloak. It... softened him some from the harsh military uniform or armor of before. He looked real good. I watched him while he trained Koownye to know a new trick. *smile*

We decided to take the scenic route to the old Lord Nyax POI and travel by mounts. Laghairt was thrilled to be out and about! He was a bit hard to handle with his bouncing around. But he finally settled. Especially when some slice hounds tried to pick a fight. *feral grin* that did not last long. I had a short but fun hunt. With Max helping with his pets and healing as the brief battle ensued. It went well. I haven't hunted in a while and that gave me some confidence that I could still do it.

We were off again when a rebel fired on Max. I could not convince the agent to let up. I tried to get our mounts to outrun, but the agent followed... intent of killing Max. Grrrr.... he ought to go on leave before exploring. *sigh* Max's cat made a meal of the guy. As we crept close to Nyax's the whispering could be heard. It made me a bit nervous because i could not make it out. I was also concerned about Max's empathy there. It is a hard place to be in.

To our surprise... it was occupied!!! It was abandoned for so long! Crap. The Nyax cult followers were back and attacking us! We struggled a bit but cleared out the surface grounds. Max got his first look at the jedi skulls and sabers on display. I was going to ask him what he sensed when more of Nyax's followers attacked. They just kept coming! I decided to route them from the underground installation. We faced a heavy fight.

Then there was Old Lord Nyax himself. Crap. We woke in a nearby cloner. DAMN! Ok... we were definately not ready for that. Kark! Maybe I am not back up to snuff for fighting. Maybe I have been away from it for too long. Maybe... maybe I should be trying to do this? Max could have died for my foolishness. I could have too. Then who would look after Meela. *anxiety* I so sucked at that fight. Dammit. What if I can't protect the things that are dear to me?

I tried to distract myself by sorting my packs. Max bought me a good warhammer to work with and passed me some creds to keep me going. I had collected some interesting things from Nyax's followers and some serious junk. My mind swam a bit from the frustration of that fight. Max healed me and then took me to the cantina for a drink. This is going to bother me for some time. *grumble*

I need better training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home