Tuesday, March 15, 2005

First Jaunt after Surgery: Azrith Mall & Temple Katas

Landed in Azrith to light rain. I am not going to complain about it this time... I... actually kinda missed it... *grin*

I roamed Azrith a bit... rememebring getting missions with maxell from here. *smile* I miss that too. I hope to do that again soon! I walked to the Mall there to see if it was still locked to me. An ATST was outside... abandoned by someone named Sou. Just standing there doing nothing. *shrug* Walked to the mall door. Nope, not locked. YAY! In a strolled. *frown* very little changed. I checked out the few vendors. I sighed as they carried nothing to some of the same old same old that I had seen months ago. Then a womans cheery voice startled me. Denna was her name. And she is one of two wives to Rahl. She is mayor of Azrith now and a member of RLD there. I almost grabbed missions on my way out like Max and i have done in the past. But thought better of it. I am not yet ready for that.

I passed the trainers on my way to the garage. TRAINERS! MAX!! *BIG GRIN* Max had hired trainers for me in Hendola! I remember! Oh... I should head out there and say hi to them. Check on Max's Hendola home... and look in on the house Deomo built for him and Meela. But first... off to the Temple. Called up my swoop and did some repairs on it at the garage. With that taken care of, I sped out to the Temple.

I walked in and was again hit by the scents... Maxell, the fountain, Avios, the candles, the kittens. *smile* The small stool with the crystal for training was still in the center of the ritual space. It reminded me of the training I did with Deomo. I hope he is doing well. i checked on the kittens downstairs and sifted through our backpacks. I could not help taking out Maxell's cloak and sitting for a bit all bundled in it, breathing in the scent of him... pretending to be wrapped in his embrace. *contented sigh* Soon. Soon I hope. he will be back from his missions and we can spend some time together. I relunctantly placed his duster cloak back into his pack and proceeded to the office where the assistant there greeted me. *bow* He has been doing a great job and I made sure to tell him so. I repacked my backpack with hunting supplies and all and pulled out my Ubese and padded armor, the awesome padded armor that Deomo got for me. it felt sooooo good to pull on the Ubese pants, hunting shirt, padded boots and jacket. Ahhhhhhh... I then climbed the stairs, pausing to smile at the calm feeling I got from the meditation rooms, on my way to the roof of the Temple.

On the roof... the view was spectacular. I had forgotten it. I stepped out into the waning sunshine as memories flooded my mind. Brem and I racing our lizard mounts like playful children around the roof. The dark silouette of Deomo on the far end of the roof turning to speak to me when I was so stressed "You know, it is ok to let go, to not always be strong Scar'let." And sitting with Max... watching the sunset. I sat there to watch the sun set again... Oh max... I want you here with me. *sigh*

Once the sun was set I stood with new determination. I have to be able to do things on my own too. I have to be able to get back into hunting and running this temple. I need to get back to training, both the battle sorts and the clergy sort. I knelt and calmed my mind. Breathed deep and let my mind and body relax. I centered myself and graounded my energy into the here and now. Balance. Shifted... into meditation... letting the thoughts and stresses go... pulling in my focus... and solidifying me conviction to get back into form. I stood and stretched slowly. Jogged about the roof a round to warm up. And began to work out the kinks and remember all my old battle moves....

Unarmed Combat
- stances and steps, strikes and blocks
- dirty street fighting moves
- one and two handed impact hits
- stunning blows
- backhand strikes and swings
- kicks and sweeps

I paused to take out my vibroknuckler (VK) and go through it all again with the weapon in hand including some moved specific to the use of this weapon. When I was done, i put away the VK and walked the roof perimeter to slow my heart and breathe easier. Dropped to meditation again to rebalance and go over it all in my mind.

Then I stood, focuses, and drew my old 1H (one-handed) fencing sword. I took a few swings to remind myself of the feel of it. I know I will be giving it up soon.

Fencing Combat and Defence
- swings and strikes
- blocks and parries
- dizzying head shot
- fencing footwork and the grace in the dance (things I will apply to my sword work)

I walked again arond the rood and set aside the fencing sword. Dropped into meditation pose again for another rebalancing. The next challenge is to work through all the sword techniques. I drew the trusty 2H (two-handed) curved sword that Dolch gave me. I hefted the blade in my hands to get used to its weight. This... this suited me perfectly.

Sword Combat
- basic 2H sword techniques
- precision strikes
- blade sweeps
- finesse and balance
- fatal spinning attacks
- area swings and srtikes
- head shots
- high and low swings and sweeps

*pant pant*

I sheathed the sword and jogged the roof perimeter again, then walked it two more times to cool down. Did some more stretching and knelt finally into meditation again. The sky brooded then burst into a short light rain. I went inside for a shower and to clean and dry my clothes and armor. Wow... i was tired out!! Damn. But the shower helped. I will go through this routine morning and night for a week to get back into form. Time for a short nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home