Thursday, April 21, 2005

Last Night Together

We went up in my empty sorosuub. Just to a nive view of Dantooine and its moons. There among the stars I told Max. I told him how I felt.

I told him... that...

I love him.

He stood there a long time. Quiet. Watching me and smiled. I know. Then he took from his pocket a small ring and approached me, looking deep into my eyes. *oh Max...* Before he could speak, for I knew the words across the bond... before he spoke I raised my hand and placed my fingers gently over his lips to silence him. Shhhhh... no Max. Don't ask me now. Wait till you come back. Ask me then. He swallowed. Then placed the ring in my hand. For safekeeping till I return. I nodded. I kissed him and told him again that I loved him. It was a wonderful feeling to say the words aloud.

*touching my own ring hidden in my own secret pocket... still saving it... for when he gets back*
*As a ring is an eternal circle, so it the love I bear for thee.*

We went up to the deck and curled up together. I wrapped my arms around him. I ran my fingers soothingly through his hair. I purred (a rare thing) for him. Then I gently pressed my cheek to his and whispered in his ear one more time. I love you, Max. I wanted to make sure I said it aloud for him ... make sure he knows it... before he leaves....

We slept our last night together in each other's arms on my ship. In the morning, he took his tie fighter to Dathomir.

Max... I love you.... Come back to me soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home