Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Telling Deomo he will be a father...

Max rushed me to the med centre. Damn thes waves of pains and cramps. I bet it is the stress... on top of everything else. Why not? Fate seems to be bound to kill me and torture me.

I lay for a time on the bed. Max soothing me and the child...waiting for the doctor to arrive. Deomo arrived first. Max was fretted and worried.... Hurt... and left right away, with a parting word to Deomo... "Reach out to the child Deomo... it seems to soothe it and her... and ease the pain."

He hummed a bit to me and the child. He was worried too. The pains were severe... and frequent.... in waves, like contractions. Oh gods... I am going to miscarry. Oh gods please no. When the waves settled, I told Deomo....

Deomo. I had the tests done last night. I know who the father is.
Deomo. She is yours.

He stammered. He stuttered. He asked if this was a good thing. Uh... in what sense? of course it is... isn't it? Am I happy? Ask me that in a few days when all the fallout and debris settles.

The doctor came... *worried* and took several tests.... *worried*
It is as I feared. I nearly miscarried. Oh gods.
I need serious downtime. SERIOUS downtime. Bedrest is what he would prefer... i am in the high-risk category. Serious downtime and calm very very calm for the next few days. Easy on the training and activity and stress till the end of the first trimester. If I make it through the first trimester... Then I am ok. And so is she. Deomo understood my need to be with Max. I was feeling so... Max deprived. I ... never seem to be able to get time with Max wothout some sort of crisis. Deomo talked with Max about what the doc said..while I lay there. The doc was reluctant to let me go. Deomo took me out to the library grounds for a last talk.

He swore... swore he would be everything a father could be for our daughter. Understanding that I am commited to Max. But our daughter will not want for anything. He would love her with all his heart and ensure she is well provided for.

Max... felt odd... along the bond.

Deomo had to return to duty. Max would ensure I had downtime... if he locked me in a house he would. I know him. I walked back to the cantina. Dammit Max! Drunk... but not on spice, thankfully. I hauled is ass out and to Hendola and made sure he took a dunk in the pool. That sobered him. *snicker* We sat and talked and slept. We said we need to talk more later... that he is holding me to my word on something. *smile*

I am true to my word Max. I say what I mean and mean what I say.

I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home