Sunday, January 23, 2005

Hunting with Deomo

Deomo has not been sleeping well. He struggles constantly with that pendant. I can sense the nightmares and darkness that haunt his dreams. I have tried to ease them when I am woken by them. He is now suffering terrible headaches from the struggle. Being more calm and balanced now than when Max suffered his headaches... I rememebred something my dad used to do for me when I had a headache. I thought it was Zabrak magic! *reminiscent smile* Maybe it was just a kids desire to believe. Maybe my dad really used the Force or something. *shrug* I will try it on Deomo if he lets me.

When Deomo commed me about the spare vibroknuckler (VK), I was glad to hear from him. I want to spend some time with him before Max and I depart for a few days. He said it was my turn to just pick the place... wherever I want to hunt. Oh goodie! I need to get away from the pink flowers of Dantooine. I thought about the squill caves again... then... hmmm... green. I wanted to see serious greenery. Endor. Dolch had once taken me training on Endor at a place called the jinda caves. Yes. That is where I wanted to hunt and train today.

I headed out there right away and set up a camp not too far from the Smuggler's Outpost. There I meditated and assessed my body. The twingy cramp earlier was quite gone. *shrug* I seemed in good form. I was calm and focused. When he arrived, I asked if he would trust me to try to take his headache away. He agreed, willing to try anything at this point. He set down his Pike and I asked him to take off his helm. Gods... he was pale. I was seriously concerned. Maybe we shouldn't hunt today. His temples still throbbed with the pain of the headache. I directed him to kneel... he is considerably taller than me. He knelt. I placed my left hand gentle on the back of his neck. Took a meditative breath. With my right hand, I stroked his brow three times. Then I leaned down and pressed my lips to his brow, nearly between his eyes, for a count of seven and release the soft kiss... and hopefully the headache. He looked up at me mildly surprized... and relieved. *smile... Dad... your magic works* I then gave him a soft kiss and asked if he was up for hunting or if he would rather rest. Oh no. He was very much up for a hunt now. *smile* I have a magic touch apparently. *GRIN*

I looked up the jinda caves. They are a POI. Off we went to hunt there. The hunting was ok... not as populated as the squill caves. We then hunted through the woods a bit... boar wolves. Once back at the outpost, we traveled back to Theed. We hopped on our swoops and he followed me while I wandered about looking for a place to set up a camp. I found us a spot of new forest. And put up a small camp.... until the rain came. Then I pulled it down and put up a fieldbase... for the canape. I do not like the rain.

*painful twinge* Dammit. That is now twice. It only lasted a moment. But it was painful. Deep in my abdomen. There was a look of concern in Deomo's eyes. I assured him I was ok. We flopped on out backs to listen to the birds, and crickets, and pitterpatter of the rain on the canape. I rolled over onto his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. *smile* *contented sigh* I needed some time like this with him... before leaving for a few days with Max.

*twinge* This one lasted in small waves for several minutes. *nervous* Deomo insisted that I ease off the hunting and training for a bit. He watched me woth concern. Then... reached along our bond to the unborn... trying to soothe her, speaking to her and hummung to her. *smile*

I asked him what he would do if she were not his. He said... he would step aside. Not interfere in my family with Maxell. That he would see me only for training. *sad* I enjoy his company. He and I are close. Closer than Brem and I... but very similar. I love him. Much like I love Brem. Deeply, trustingly... but... I do not have the desire I did in the beginning. The taishan bond driven desire for intimacy. I am content with his love and friendship. I would be sad if he avoided me. I think he loves me more than I can love him. *sad* I am sorry for that.

I then asked him what he would do if she were his daughter. He vowed, that if she were... he would devote his lofe to her... be the best father anyone could hope for. That she would have all his love and never want for anything. She would come first in his life. *smile* He did not want to have to share her with Maxell though. It hurts him enough to have to share me. He vowed, that when there were things that Maxell really had to be involved in, he would come to take her and care for her. Knowing that my commitments are to the temple and Max... this was going to be somewhat difficult. But we would work it out. I am commited to Max in every way... just... not... signed and sealed on any legal paper.

*PAINFUL twinge* CRAP. This was several sharp waves for many minutes. Oh gods... *nervous* Worried, Deomo gathered me into his arms and held me... and soothed me. I am genuinely scared. Now that I am sure that I am pregnant, I want this child... and these twinges... gods... I don't want to lose her. He cradled us (me and the unborn) physically and along the bond. He hummed for maybe hours? Till everything within me eased and calmed. I almost dozed.

I would have dozed if my mind was not so busy thinking of the what ifs. And planning the 101 things I had to do in the coming weeks. He told me to be sure I take a break, like he did... away from these responsibilities. I nodded. *smile* I am sure Max will see that I don't even have my datapad on me... or my comm. Well, I hope not. I need to write. It helps me think. Deomo wanted to stay longer, but I insisted he go off. He wanted to do more hunting before his vacation was over. I needed some solitary time... time to myself to thinks and relax. I promised him I would go see a doctor on my way back to Theed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home