Monday, January 24, 2005

Avios Tests for Paternity

I don't know whether it was the realization that I was in serious pain or the realization that I might not trust him to do this and take myself to someone less qualified. His whole attitude changed... like the feral had risen and sudden abated. He helped me back inside and sat and just talked ... talked... for a long time putting me at ease. Slowly... it became easier and easier to talk to him. He is SO much like his father.

Finally eased and calm. He brought in his med droid. I took off my jacket and laid back. He prepared to take the test sample, using nanotech-bots to retrieve some microscopic amounts of embryonic fluid for the DNA and gene sample. *nervous* It took only 15min. to get it. It din't hurt. Was a bit uncomfortable... but not painful. Avios kept the talk light. The time flew by. The sample was taken before I realized it. *nervous* He took the sample to his lab and returned. We discussed some of the what ifs.... and some of what I hoped... like further commitment.... *sigh*

The results were then wired to Avios' datapad.

And then he told me.

*Panic*
*anxiety*

Oh gods. *relief mixed with panic*
Oh gods... What do I tell Deomo? What do I tell Max? How? Oh gods...
I couldn't breathe... I frantically ran for the balcony... I needed air. Oh gods... what do I do?

Avios handed me my jacket and told me to put it on. My mind was wsimming. I put it on without thinking. He led me... numb... back to the carpet by the pool. I don't know whether he gave me a sedative... but I don't remember much. I just curled there and darkness claimed me quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home