Sunday, October 31, 2004

Test flights

Blimey's Test flight in his new ship was a great success! YAY!

After mush hunting and training and decorating... and getting bored of camping... I fugired to give it a try. My first attempt in a holographic test ship failed badly... but the testing machine crashed before I did... so it was not an accurate test. I found the Rebel pilot recruiter and boldly signed up. I named the ship after one of my daughters (Anya) My first mission was slow... unsteady but i was just figuring out all the controls and reading the manuals while I flew. Then I was attacked by Imperial Tie Fighter! AK! I bolted for the landing pad and my mission got declared a failure. Oh... this will not go over well with the pilot officer....

Blimey found me and made a good ship for me and was incerdibly patient while i struggled to load in all the stuffs he want me to load into it. I name it after my other daughter (Kitahn). He then took the time to slowly teach me how to fly, manouver, get from place to place, land safely, jump in hyperspace, and shoot... I was bad at the shooting. I was such a bad case of nerves coronary was all i thot was going to happen to me. Then I heard a whisper in my mind. It took me a moment to to identify the voice... I had only heard it once before. Ar'k, my other benefactor, said "relax, let it flow, target ahead of your enemy and feel the shot..." and WHAM! I blew up a tie fighter!!! Then WHAM... WHAM... I took out 2 more! Blimey yipped on the comm! I DID IT!!! Ok... i wanted to land now. I landed and kissed the ground. OY! Ok.. time to face my pilot officer... Boy was he PISSED!!! He yelled and screamed at me and tossed me out to do the mission again as he NEEDED the data. OMGs... ok... so I went out and took MANY deep breaths and let Blimey's words and directions come back into my memory... and Ar'k's... and wow! The mission was over is 15min with the tie fighter quickly dispatched. My officer was well pleased with me, now. I took a break.... for the sake of my now unsettled nerves. I camped for a while... long while... enjoying the peace os the night air.

BLIMEY: THANK YOU!!!! Thank you for all your incredible patience for walking me through loading my ship (3 times over while I struggled to understand the "bits") and for teaching me to fly and fight in space.... and for making me a good ship. Swimming will be easier to teach me I think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home