Thursday, January 20, 2005

Kimbrya Crosses Over

Kimbrya.

Oh Kimbrya.

It was her time. She held out as long as she could for all of us.

I tried in vain to find Brem... and when I arrived at the temple... I felt the first surge of the Force. It rocked me and brought me to my knees in the ritual space. When i felt balanced enough to stand again, I made it down the stairs three at a time... to be driven to my knees again by a wave of the Force rolling through the temple... then silence. The silence that comes only with death.

Gods.

I am too late.
And Brem was not here for her.

Gods.

Was she alone? Oh gods...

Slowly, I walked into Fyrshka's Shrine. The feeling of loss hit me in the gut and wrenched my heart. Maxell. Oh Max. He was there. He saw ... But... where is she? Everything of her passed to the Force... became one with it. Max was sitting on the floor by the Krayt skull, tears streaming down his cheeks. I could not hold my own back at the sight of him. I dropped to the floor by him and wrapped my arms about him. We mourned the loss of her together.

She had such an air of joy and innocence about her. A cute way of tilting her head and wrinkling her nose when she smiled... making her freckles dance. Her good nature was infectious. You just wanted to see her smile. She seemed so child-like and found everything fascinating. She wanted to heal everyone... even her enemies. She sought the good in all... and made it shine. And yet, she was so very very wise. Never was a sinlge thing missed nor forgotten. And her advice was always carefully thought out and very sound.

Gods... she will be terribly missed.

When the tears were spent and wiped from our cheeks. I needed space from the feeling of loss in this temple.

Gods... Brem... I sent him the news by email. I had no other way.

Oh Brem... Brem...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home