Thursday, January 20, 2005

A night for the Pendulum

And so it swung again tonight. (remind me to smash it with my hammar)

I landed the ship and Max and I parted ways to take care of separate things and duties. I headed to the temple to get my vibro knuckler to help me with the Teras Kasi unarmed combat training. I was feeling a bit moody... for no real reason... but sensed that this evening held potential frustration and I wanted to get it over with as quickly as possibly.

Elca was at the temple again. I think I like her. She is dynamic and inquisitive and determined and intelligent. She had spent much time thinking while she was crafting and then came to ask me a real important question.

"May I be your Apprentice?"

*shock*

What?! I was so taken aback! I ... um... uhhh... I am still in training myself. How could I possibly consider taking on an apprentice?

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
When the teacher is ready, the student will show up on the doorstep.

Oy... the words of the old monks from my old temple popped into my head. No.. no no no... not now. Not ANOTHER responsibility. I told her I was in training myself at the moment and will address this over the weekend. She wants to help out at the temple however she can. I was so not ready for this turn of events. I will come back to this. I promise. Let me digest it. Let me recover from the shock of it. *smile* And yes, I do welcome it.

Elca, if you want a starting point... learn to meditate. Go up the unarmed skills and obtain your Teras Kasi novice for the basic metitation. Even if it is just the basics. I will come back to you for the rest. And I really do welcome the help with the temple. Especially with a funeral to plan.

Elca has another problem with a great need. She and Kayon... have feeling for one another. But he is a Jedi knight. And his oaths... forbid this. She does not know what to do. I promised to do some research into it. I will post what I find.

Stunned... I headed to Coronet. Deomo was pressing for me to come hunt with him. He wants to ensure I fulfill my assignment that Kimbrya gave me to work on my patience, focus and battle meditation in Teras Kasi. He is tough... and said he will not give up on me or let me give up on myself. Hunting with him is usually fun, when the spirit in the pendant is not interfering. He is tough on me, like I was a recruit. He forbids me to resort to my blades or hammer. He does not fight anything I am fighting. He ensures I am safe and train against one target at a time. He even means to ensure I do this training if he has to drag me to a buffs doc and pay for the buffs himself. *grin* Thank you Deomo. I know you won't let me down.

I waited for 20min in a LONG line for a buff doc in Coronet. GODS!!! It was so slow and long... and then I learned that the doc was making mistakes. And then I got rained on. Wow... my mood soured very quickly. I was much cranky when I finally gave up on that line and decided to try on Naboo for a buff doc.

I arrived in Theed feeling quite grumbly. Max was there. He and I went over to the cantina for a quick drink and then to Hendola where there was a Doc and entertainer for full buffing. He asked to see my weapons as he had been an armorsmith and wanted to ensure their quality. I handed them over. Then he only returned the vibro knuckler and said he was keeping the rest for comaprison... just for a few days. *annoyed* WHAT?! *ANNOYED* Well... I was more than annoyed. I was mad. Real mad. He was keeping my blades to keep me from using them while I train in Teras Kasi. I was down right furious with him. With everything and everyone. Well... not so mad at the fact that he was keeping my blade to prevent me from falling back on them. I was mad that he (ONE) did not trust me to keep my words when I said I would not use them and (TWO) that he deceived me... outright. It finally boiled down to me just being majorly grumbly about everything. He guiltily gave them back to me and we parted ways to hunt.

I met with Deomo... still feeling grumbly. The hunting went rather well and the conversation was light. My grumbly mood eased. And then I sensed the pendant throb and Deomo grip hold and focus. *PRIDE* He did it. The spirit did not take him! hehe... I bet that surprised that spirit. I am sure it will take the spirit several days not to figure out a way around Deomo's focus. But at least he fought the pendant's will and remained true to himself... and I think he will be able to hold out for a bit. Good. I need to gain some inner time and balance before I tackle that spirit again. We hunted well for about an hour till the voritor hunters got to be too much for both of us. I set up a camp for us to heal. OUCH. They are real tough and do MUCH damage.

As we sat and healed and pondered how to deal with them, I felt a strange pull. Max? Yup... Max. He was in a deep emotional turmoil. Need called. I had to answer. This time it was Max's need. My heart felt squeezed and I almost wanted to cry with the pain I was feeling along the bond. Deomo looked up at me... and knew. *go... he needs you... we can train more later or another day... go*

Need called. I answered. Max was trying to not have me come out to him. Insisting that I needed to keep training. I told him it was too late. I was on my way.

I found him in his house in Hendola, sitting among the new plants he picked up from Elca. I had her contact him since I knew she could design what he wanted and remembered that he wanted meaningful foliage in his meditation space. I had also given him 2 crystals, too, for his pool's edge... to complete the row. They were all in place when I arrived and he was sitting on the floor hidden by the brush, next to the ancient drum. And he radiated emotional turmoil. It nearly broke my heart to see him. With all that has gone on, the stresses, the dual bonds, the torture, the spice and rehab, the death of Kimbrya, the child to be.... He no longer knew where he fit in. All he could think about was that if the child was Deomo's... he would no longer be part of my life. And the thought was tearing him apart.

Oh Max. You are a part of my life I could never ever do away with. You are my breathe. My foundation. The beating of my heart. How could I do without you? If there was some way to seal this bond between us, to seal my commitment to you... I would. Max. I so love you.

Oh we really need some time together... far away from the stresses... just for a few days. We can't help anyone if we are in such states. If only I could manage it....

..........

*!*

I can. *revelation*

Deomo is holding against the pendant for now. In this set of states with Max, I could not help Deomo anyways against another onslought of the spirit. But he is holding against it. He will have to hold for a few days. The temple... the temple... ELCA! She wanted to help. She could manage the temple for a bit. It isn't difficult. I think I can entrust her with it. I will have to introduce her to Brem.

BREM!!! Oh gods.... I told him about Kimbrya. He... didn't even know. What happened to his tai'shan bond to her? He was... shocked... stunned. He needed time to digest it. We agreed to meet tomorrow and talk about it. I asked if he would like to be involved in a funeral service for her. He did. We will talk about this too.

I will introduce Brem to Elca and they will manage the temple just fine for a couple days.

Yes. I can do this. Max and I need time... time for just us. Time to rebalance and forge our inner strength and stability.

After much reassuring, we went to his rug. He rubbed my belly while I was standing and I nearly fell over. *grin* It soothed me so much that my legs wanted to give way. I laid down and he came beside me, taking me into his arms and rubbing my belly gently. I sensed him tentatively reach to sense the energy of the unborn. *smile* I purred. She reached back. I purred some more and we slept... content for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home