Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Well.. Lone-Wolfing agian...

Well, if it is going to be that kind of night... I might as well go to that kind of planet. Off to Rori.

I arrived at the Rebel Outpost starport and was shortly awarded an exploration badge for it. A rebel named Vomi confronted me thinking I was an Imperial sneaking in to kill Rebels. I must have looked at him as if he had two heads. He quickly realized I was NOT here for that. Amuzed as he was by my expression. An Imperial did come in though and killed many Rebels. That Imperial then said a few words in a strange language. I had learned a bit of the language from listening patiently and asking the meaning to words... but I did not know what was said here. Vomi and I talked a bit longer after the Imperial left. We talked about language. I taught him what I know if the strange language and we parted ways. He is quite young. I hope life does not ruin his good-natured spirit.

I am told that Rori is a Rebel planet. But when I travel the LONG distance to the Imperial Encampment POI and got my badge, I was surprized to see such a well set-up and equipped and active base there. I did not stick around. I traveled the very LONG distance to the next POI. Rori is VERY .... quiet.... There is so much vegetation that it muffles out most noises. And the sky is incredibly gray with permanent cloud cover. There are many marshes and bogs and the hills and mountains are blanketed in a fine misty fog that hangs low on the ground. Eerie. the 7000m I traveled were extremely uneventful. Ug... Not even many critters about. Most are in caves according to the map. The long an quiet and depressing ride to the next POI has left me a bit numb on all levels. It is also hard my my poor bike.

AT LAST!!! A village! A small village outpost called City of Ancients. The POI of the Hyperdrive Facility was right next door. According to the badge I got for exploring it, it is an Imperial facility. However, there were many Rebel Alliance flags hung all around inside. It was a huge facility. I got lost... real lost. Took me 20min to find my way out. Good thing I am not a lab rat or I would be some animals lunch for failing 3D mazes 101.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home