Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Honourable Invitation

Caco, the mayor of the city Wanders End (Jakob's city) invited me to live there and offered me a house and a speeder. I was sure Jakob must have recommended me. I thanked Caco, but politely declined. I already own homes and a speeder. I also am not ready to deal with living in close proximity with people I do not know or trust for a longterm commitment. I hope he understood. I was greatly honoured by the invitation.

I contacted Jakob to thank him for the recommendation. He explained that he had not really recommended me, but just told Caco after the Krayt hunting that I was an "interesting and different kind of person." I am beginning to dislike this comment about me. I ... just want to be normal. Not singled out as different. It seems to lead to confusion and misunderstanding... or make me feel like I am a pet in a zoo. I know he didn't mean it that way.

AK! Jakob surprised me in the Theed starport! He poked me in the ribs. I nearly clocked him! Thankfully I recognized him and didn't. He left to go shop for new guns. I was alone again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home