Saturday, September 25, 2004

Fascinating Man

I met a fascinating man in the cantina after Bordesc left. (Bordesc went to attemp the Correllian Corvette Mission... I wished him luck.)

The man I met was a Zabrak named Ghozst. He is a warrior in all senses of the word, where warrior has both physical and spititual demands. His path was once one full of terrible acts. Then as he awoke to the deteriation ans toll it was having on his inner self, he chose a new path. He is part of a group of warriors that train ans hone the body, mind and spirit. So, that explains why he is an amazing dancer as well. It was a requirement in order to learn grace, balance, and flexibility. We talked for hours! We talked about life and philosophy... it was a rare moment. He danced for me almost the entire time. I was honoured... and a bit shy. He had an incredible sense of respect for my sensitive nature regarding space and proximity. He "unconsciously" stepped back to give me space if he danced too close. I was so impressed my this man... and inspired. He has been the only truly friendly Zabrak I have met here. He explained that most are locked or enslaved into the faction war... and have lost their sense of self and the honour involved in the path of the warrior. Watching him dance was... incredibly relaxing... dance... such freedom of expression. Sometimes I wish I could do so... but then I know I would feel... exposed. Much of his warrior self and his remarkably gentle nature reminded me of Blimey. Ghozst is also Imperial, which surprised me. But he is seriously considering neutrality. It was wonderful to just sit and talk and not feel driven to achieve or forced to fight or hide. I really like these rare moment... like the one I had with Jakob the first time I met him. People fascinate me. Their complexity, what makes them who they are. Hmmm... maybe I will be a storyteller (well writer) and document the fascinating stories and experiences of the people I meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home