Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Answering Questions... even the unspoken ones...

Once Relik was asleep and Deomo fed and and rested he sat back on the ritual floor facing me. We just sat in the quiet. He asked how I was. I felt ok. He was glad. Meela bounced about the bond again a bit before settling down again. Deomo is so very cute with her.

I wanted to reach out and touch Deomo... to be held by him, like he used to. But I was too uncertain... with the bond between us weakening and changing and the argument yesterday... I... wasn't sure if we were close enough for that. I hesitantly reached out my hand to take his... and decided that maybe... maybe I shouldn't. *Choked feeling... sad* "Come here," he whispered. And gathered me into his arms and held me close. I almost cried. He just held me for a long while. It was good. I needed it. He needed it.

He ran his fingers down my arm to the bracelet he gave me. *trust* and then hesitantly down the other arm to pause at the scars on that bare wrist. I went to cover them with my hand. "Why do you hide them?" Because they are ugly. "What... how did you get them?" He was so hesitant. I could sense concern, curiosity and feral fury. I ... in some broken sentenses... slowly told him of my past in detail. The slave master, my twins, Lok... Blimey... and my travel here with Blimey in stasis. I think it all kinda shocked him.

He continued to hold me for a time more. When he started to drift asleep, he said he was going up to the blue room. I needed to finish up a few things. I kissed his cheek and he hugged me. Then left to stretchout for sleep on the blue rug upstairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home