Monday, December 20, 2004

KinTin with Maxell

I arrived for the KinTin event and poked into the crowded cantina... nervous. Max greeted me. But then I remembered i wanted to do something in Theed. Blessedly escaped the crowd and bolted for the openness of Theed again. I took some time to calm down then went only my mobile home (sorosuub ship) and retrieved... something I have been saving... for a special occasion and... felt this might be a good time. I hauled out a blue dress I inherited from Fyrshka. But I only had my composite armor boots. So I dashed over to the bazaar to see if there were any shoes. I felt so nervous. I found blue slippers. They were a slightly brighter shade than the dress... but I figured they will have to do. I dashed into a private corner and changed quickly before boarding the shuttle back to Kintin.

I froze at the entrance. I was greeted and given eggnog and a painting as a welcoming gift. Then Brem met me outside. He was there with Kimbrya. My heart pounded. I could feel the press of people within. Brem commented on how I looked. I suddenly felt so very shy and timid. I was afraid to be seen... especially by Maxell. I grew so nervous. I felt naked without my hunting clothes and sword. And then... all of a sudden there was Max... just watching me. He watches me lots... looked at me... looking through me.... He smiled and I felt at the same time shy and bold.

He took my hand and led me inside the cantina. There were twice as many people as before. But somehow Max's energy was around me. I did not feel the press so badly. He offered me a seat but i sat on the floor at his knee. His arm over my shoulder. It felt so... right. So... blissful. brem is right. I... like this feeling. The feeling of being near Max. Of his hand on my shoulder. Of his energy wrapped protectively around me. Of this... tai'shan bond.... Things started to feel like they were all clicking into place in their right order.

We watched COE perform on the stage of the Cantina. They were impressive. Then we all went outside to watch as Max hosted a rancor fight with one of his pet rancors. I stood with Kimbrya and talked softly with her of news and situations while the crowd gathered and the challengers attempted to take down Max's Rancor. Kimbrya said she wanted to get a blood sample from Deomo to compare to my own. When he came up against the rancor, I worried a moment that Maxell would let his rancor kill him. But her didn't. Kimbrya dashed forward to take a quick bloodsample when Deomo was down. Deomo is so different when he is actually relaxed with his guildmembers. It was ... good to see him smile. There may be hope for him. I was so proud of Maxell. He just glowed while he handled the rancor. I could not help but smile to myself.

Later I meditated a bit with the events wore on and then wore down. Then snuck into a corner and quickly changed. As I turned around... there was Max! He spooked me. Then soothed me and took my hands. "I have a gift for you." He gave me a gurrcat! She is beautiful!!! Her name is Koownye. I think he meant Cuimhnigh... humans can't always pronounce the Old Zabrak dialectuals. It means REMEMBER. I was so happy I bounced! I couldn't even reing my self in!!! That was embarrassing.... *grin* And by the way... smiles are truly contageous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home