Thursday, December 16, 2004

Deomo in the Library - 1

I stirred in the bed. Kimbrya looked over at me and smiled. She is terribly cute. Reminds me of my daughters. Freckled and full of wonder. Her green eyes bright and overly wise. She brought my comm and datapad saying that I had messages. I felt weak not... I obviously did not die.

I nibbled at the food on a tray by my bed as I looked over my messages and emails. I have meiised some things. Maxell had sent me a letter to not believe things that might stir me to mistrust him. To think on our bond and feel the truth. I got a hint of what he does as work. I have neglected my Rebel commands. I don't even remember what my rank is anymore. And he... in an imperial Officer of high rank unter the Inquisitor. What does this mean for us? He is so like a stranger.

Another email from him mentioned he met with Deomo. Deomo? Why? He said they spoke at length. And if I could please try to reach Cauil for them and get Cauil to communicate with Deomo. That Deomo... feel lost... abandoned... alone. Oh how I know those feelings. I did my best to reach Cauil. The static was terrible sometimes. I almost thought he was on Lok, except for the rains. He must be on Dathomir. I am unsure still why I am compelled to help Deomo. Maybe... maybe if he can be helped, then so can I? Hope. I have a small amount of hope.

But Kimbrya... and Brem. The things he did to her. I frown as I remember Brem carrying her broken and bleeding body into the temple. She clung to him for life. The tears streaked his face. I cannot forgive Deomo. Nor can I forget this. But... I also have to remember Brem... how Brem was with the implant. Maybe. Maybe?

As I thought about Deomo, so came sensations of him. Our thought battered each other with challanges. He wanted ... help... but was ready to throw it away to the Sith if I could not help him. I was confused. I slipped out of the private clinic. Maxell and Brem will kill me for this I am sure. I hate the confinement. I made my way into the city. The press of thoughts and emotions from the people nearly knocked me down. I fought for control... for focus. I made my way passed the crowds at the startport, passed the med centre and the cantina. There I stopped and leaned against a wall, trying hard not to show my exhaustion, watching Deomo as he stood in the cantina doorway, tall and proud, with a small perplexed frown distorting his tattoos.

He looked up at me. He could sense me near. I could feel his presense in the Force as he could feel mine. he caught my scent in the air and approached me. Then stopped. Stopped about 8 ffet from me and... knelt. He said... that I felt this would make me feel more comfortable, less... threatened. It did. Then he said that max told him I could help him.

Max?

*I could slap Max! How the hell can I help Deomo? How would he know?! I don't even know!!!*

Deomo sensed my frustration and aimed to leave. I asked him to stay. He did. I ask him if he would come to a quieter place. He looked at me... with concern. He noticed my lack of strength. I really should have stayed longer in the private clinic. I took a chance and asked him to follow me to the Library. Would he trust me? Would I trust him? After a long pause, he agreed. We walked to the Library and I brought him out on the balcony. It was a beautiful night. The sky deep shades of blue and indigo with scattered stars, and a light dusting of cloud. The falls were clear and rushed white over the the cliff to froth on the rocks. I haven't been here is no long. I must bring Maxell here.

Deomo and I exchanged words. Testing each other. Pushing on each others boundaries. Challengeing each other. Why were we here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home