Thursday, December 16, 2004

Deomo in the Library - 2

He challeneged me and my reasons for helping him.

I challeneged him and his reasons for wanting help.

When it came down to it. That "Otherness" began to rise in me strengthened by the Feral. Yet... I was so calm. I watched from the recesses of my mind, knowing I was no longer in control and wondering how long I could hold out in my weakened state... if this time I would be consumed and die. He offered for me to to connect with him as I had with Kimbrya to draw on his power. But it doesn't work that way. He looked into my eyes... and dropped to his knees before me.... recognizing the Other.

I dared him then to walk away. If he was so frustrated and so wanted to give up... to just walk away. I asked him if I should give up on him and if I should walk away. Need called so strongly his pleading words were not necessary. He was so alone... so lost... I could not help but reach out and cup his face in my hands. The scent of him filled my nostrils. Need. He so needed to know what a gentle caress was. He so needed to know what care and affection were. I soothed him with my touches. He slowly stood, need stirring in him ith the Feral. He... wanted me. He wanted to know me. The Feral in me responded. I could hear our heartbeats quicken. I could smell his musky scent. But Need, kept him in check. He needed more to know who and what he was. Who and what I was. If he was forever lost and alone. I took his hand and assured him he was niether lost, nor alone and never would be. We were so close. I asked him what he wanted. His thoughts were known to me. He wanted to be a part of me. He wanted to know the peace I could offer, the serenity he could see in my eyes. The intimacy of our closeness was almost too much for him, but he met the challenge, and never crossed the line. I explained to him about the bonds of love and Tai'shan. That he will never have that with me. But that I could care as I do for Brem. Maybe even love. I could feel he was pained by this. He wanted... wanted I think what Maxell has. Union with another and the knowledge that you cannot be alone. But Deomo and I are in a way bound... by the Feral and the Force. Perhaps one day, I will show him such mysteries. But neither I nor he are ready for them now. Especially with my bonds with Maxell so uncertain.

Exhaustion was becoming overwhelming now that not even the Otherness in me could hold on. I began to shake, gasping for breath as the balcony spun. Deomo caught hold of me, and held me close to his chest. I could feel his heart skipping beats with fear that I might die there. It frightened me to know he was frightened. He slowly knelt and then sat still holding me close. He begged me to draw power from him. Pleaded in such a soft and quiet voice. I could barely hear him. Blackness washed over me repeatedly. I could not have drawn from him even if I knew how. There was just nothing left of me to do so with. I sat there in his arms, strong, gentle.... He softly touched my cheek with one hand. I think he prayed for my health. I closed my eyes. I prayed too. I wimpered for Max. He held me so tenderly. I could do nothing but sit there with my head on his shoulder so very conscious not who arms engulfed me. But they profferd no offences. Relief merely eminating from him. I drew my legs in to curl in his embrace as I had in Brem so long ago. He... Deomo... smiled and then chucked and asked if I was confortable. i could not help but to smile back, weakly. He said my smile was warm. I... felt self-conscious and hid it from him. He stroked my hair and lightly leaned his cheek again my head. He whispered for me to rest. I was too tired to do otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home