Sunday, October 10, 2004

Dolch & Questions

Dolch and I talked a bit over the comm. I think he was lecturing me about my lone-wolfing... about getting to know people and learning to socialize more. I really like his group... but... the language barrier is somewhat intimidating.

As I traveled back to Tattooine, I had this intensely strong feeling like I had to be somewhere. I could almost picture it in my mind. Mos Hispania? I went there... but no, that wasn't quite right... close... but not it. I didn't know WHY I had to be in this place... but it was a place in this direction and similar to MosHispania. i did some missions out of there hoping the feeling would either become clearer or go away. Unfortunately, Desert Demon Gang members attacked me just as I was trying to take out a diseased bocatt lair. I was weakened and wounded. The cats were tough. I contracted a zoonotic disease called grey-rot. Dolch came out to my rescue and banished the Desert Demons. I managed to set up camp. He scared the crap out of me regarding the details of this disease. He called in a doctor friend of his who arrived shortly and healed me.

Um... I found hwat I was looking for out here. Someone I needed to talk to.. in Way Far actually. So I was close. Dolch helped me find this person. We then traveled together to my Benefactor's Desert Sanctuary. I had an opportunity I just could not pass up. I chance to learn about my benefactor and fill in some of the blanks... hopefully answer some questions that have nagged me terribly. She was a full priestess. She was such an open and caring, bold and daring, courageous and extremely patient woman. She liked to wander and be with people. She sounded much like my mother, except the priestess part. Then I remembered a note I had found when I first arrived in Radiant... Honour is the Law... I couldn't remember it all. It was niggling in the back of my mind as Dolch was telling me how she had taught him much. I told him of the note. I knew it was part of the clergy vows, that I can no longer take since there are no clergy as she was. He knew the vow.

Honour is the Law.
Love is the Bond.

I follow the first part already, live it in my spirit and actions... but the second. What really does it mean? A couple more years in the monestary, I would have learned this and taked the vows myself with the rituals. Dolch said that She was born in Kadaara and i should seek out the temples there. But... been there. It is a place completely over-run by Imperials and all the temples are gone now. Dolch was angered and pained. It seethed in his spirit. I can feel it. Oh gods, I could feel it. Why couldn't I block it out? Then the whispering came back in the back of my mind, like when I was at Nyax's Cult hideout. They whispered the vows over and over. The second part of the vow haunts me with confusion. The whispering, usually voices of my deceased mentors, or the deceased jedi in Nyax's... was a woman's stong yet soft voice, one I did not recognize. I felt brave enough to share something with Dolch. I ... I told him about the whispering I hear. And that it is strongest in Nyax's, here, or when I hold the old holocron I inherited. I prayed he would not consider me a nut. But they were getting more dificult to block out and I felt the need to tell someone. You know, in case I AM crazy and someone has to "deal" with me. I think he thought me a nutball. Maybe I shouldn't have told him. I should have told someone I trusted more, like Bremm or Blimey or Bordesc. I just felt that I should tell Dolch, that he could... help in some way.

Honour is the Law
Love is the Bond

*GASP*

My parents had said these words before!! But they weren't clergy... were they? I am so confused. I am going to have to lone-wolf it somewhere remote and try to figure this out... if nothing else, try to remember all my early training from bith the school and the monestary on how to bury and block this curse of mine to feel what others feel and hear... the whispering of the dead... or see visions and nightmares that often come true. One follows the other. I want to head this off before the nightmares come, before I have any "wierd episodes".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home