Sunday, October 10, 2004

By the Lake with Bremm

Bremm came out to see this lovely lake sanctuary on Tattooine. I wanted to share its beauty and peace with someone... everyone... close to me. We sat and watched the water... i needed someone to talk things over with.... I thought he would think me a nutball too, but he said I was just... Gifted. Dolch said he knew someone he would ask for advice on my ... strangeness. I am different. But Bremm doesn't see it as a bad thing. My ability to feel what others feel is an empathy that helps me understand them and be more compassionate and caring of them. And... well... the whispering has never done me harm... usually has aided me. We talked... well I talked. He is a patient listener... I knew there were things on his mind too, troubling him. We are becoming very close. I like how we can hunt together... or just sit for hours by the campfire and talk... like I used to do with Blimey.

Sometimes... I feel... all confused inside... not sure what to feel. Can I trust him as I trust Blimey?
Can I share with Blimey the thought and feelings i share with Bremm? Is this what my mother meant by caring for more than one? They are equal... but ... different. Will I ever get to talk like this with Blimey again? He has been so occupied getting sorted out... I have hardly seen him.

I learned a little about Zabrak life from Bremm... even though he is Twi'lek. He used to be Zabrak. But terrible things happened and he had an opportunity to escape to freedom if he underwent this drastic surgical procedure. Now he is free... like me... Anyways, he explained to me that Zabrak horns are a genetic way to identify clans and that some horn structures have meanings or cultural sugnificance. ANd that being different from the clan... can mean death.

I will do further research... as my family were the only Zabrak in out town as a child... and all I have of my culture is my language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home