Thursday, September 09, 2004

Worried

When Blimey left, he told me he was giving the transit people my name as the emergency contact. I was a bit surprised... and shocked... and honoured. Why me? ANd well, never thought they would contact me. Nothing would go wrong.

Well, they contacted me.

They assured me he was safely in stasis... but he hasn't left. Hasn't left yet!!!???!!! Their original route was blocked by the Imperials. So they will take a longer route that has more stops. However, it is more dangerous and likely for bording by pirates and asassins. So, each "client" had their emergency contacts contacted to see if they had a bodyguard for the journey. What was I to say... he didn't tell me anything like that. And Eeseefa is not responding to comm or ANYTHING!

Fine! I will do it. I first asked them what it involved. They said that they would give some sort of special stim (doc jargon... sry don't remember what it really was) for the majority of the journey. They would then have the bodyguard off and put into stasis at the second to last stop. From there the original clients, they will be back onto the safe route having bypassed "trouble" and finish the 2-stop journey. The bodyguards will take a cheaper flight but also a quicker one and arrive before the clients arrive. OK!

But... there may be very bad side effects. These side effects are unknown... sort of. Anything from tissue degeneration, to memory loss, to ... who knows what.... to not making it alive at all. The first part of the journey also has its risks as we will be on an experimantal med to be active when everyone is in stasis.

I don't care the risks. I owe him my life. If ensuring his safety to the other galaxy (dimensional shift) takes my life... so be it. If it doesn't... well, he will think I stowed away or something. That would be a broken promise. But this is upholding honour.

I will go find one of my clergy's temples and meditate... and ask f0r their prayers and strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home