Friday, September 24, 2004

Hunting Trophy

I was bored. So I decided to test myself. I folloed up a rumor about a Master Hunter training folks and awarding them with a Hunting trophy if they succeed. So off I went. There were an UNBELIEVABLE number of Imperials in Bestine... and even a base with a mission terminla just outside town. It was similar in MosEspa! I even got SEARCHED! Phew... not fined or arrested... even though I was carrying sliced weapons.

Just as I was wondering if I was actually supposed to be in MosEntha and not MosEspa, i found the "Master" Hunter, Mat Rags. Hmmm. He was an old, fat, bald human man. Not inspiring or impressive.

He gave me my first mission... to kill a desert squill harrassing Jawas. That was tough... and I used many of my Stim-B's to help keep me alive. Hmmm... should have buffed beforehand... but the only guy I trust to buff me was not available at the moment. I managed it. And was paid quite well! 2000 credits.

The next mission was to collect the hide from a Greater Variegated Wamp Rat. OUCH! that was tougher of a hunt. i thought I was going to die... but survived... just. Stupid rat. The experience i earned from the first 2 hunts was phenominal! So, maybe this is not a waste of my time. I was also paid 4oo0 creds for it.

The next hunt was for a Matriarch Bantha. Oh oh. I seen Jakob's friends take them out buffed and have been warnded I ought to be buffed for those. I checked my stim supply and then managed to reach Bordesc. But he was on Rori. I asked if he would be able to buff me when he returns to Tattooine. Then he reprimanded me for asking for a buff just AS I am getting into a fight over my skills. :) hehe... I fugured that I survived the first two, that I could survive the third. It took me a LONG time to fight this Bantha... and I used up two sets of stimpacks. BUT... HAHA... I managed it! I was stuck in a sandstorm on my way back and attacked by Desert Demons too. They just don't stopp... and they don't seem to learn that attacking me is a death sentence... theirs.... You would think word would get around. *shrug* Well I got paid 6000 creds for this hunt mission. WOW!

The next was a Grizzled Dewback. Bordesc was seriously warning mw about them. But i felt brave and bold. I am glad he came up behind me and helped keep me haled while I fought it. I ran out of my last available stimpack set and the beast was barely injured. I lectured me, much like Blimey would about taking on such a fight. That I should have just waited for the buff... that I knew he was on his way. Ah well. I lived! I am very bold and confident when I am hunting. I don't have to worry about anything... like past personal experiences. I end up in some... zone... where I can just DO. And usually do rather well. Hmm... Well upon return, I was awarded the Hunting Trophy! It is an amazing looking Bolma skull. My pet Bolma was a bit uncomfortable about it. But I petted him and assured him I would not do that to him. Bordesc was so impressed and excited that he took up the challenging hunts too and got himself a trophy too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home