Friday, March 11, 2005

Mending in Max's Embrace

I had much more energy today. I was permitted to dress and move about with assistance. It still hurt like a sharp stab... but bearable. I wanted... needed to see Meela. I dressed in my black skirt and black shirt, neither were tight or constricting.

With Max to lean on, I walked up to the unit containing her small form floating in the BE fluid. She looks so perfect... a perfect little Zabrak nearly fully formed and just the size of my hand. I reached up and pressed my hand to the glass. She stirred at my presense as I reached with the Force out to her. It was really quite amazing to see her. Avios really did an incredible job. She is so comfortable in there. I can feel it. I must have stood there for 20 minutes or more. Max grew concerned and tentatively touched my shoulder. Then he stepped up to wrap his arms around me. And we both looked at her for a few more minutes. I hope Deomo fairs well against the pendant. I worry much for him... for Meela. If the worst should happen, I know Max will be as much a father to her as if she were his own. But she will know he is not her father. I will tell her stories of her father and his deeds... if I have to pry the info out of every SSS member myself. I know Deomo has done cruel terrible things... but he has done wonderful things too. She will know them all. *Deomo... please be well... for her*

I turned to Max and asked to go outside, if there was a balcony to this building. He faced me and as he put his arm around me to carry me there, I was overcome with this sudden urge and need to embrace him and hold him tight. It was like I have not held or touched him in months. I clung to him with my arms as strongly as my spirit did over the past few days. The scent of him. The warmth of his body. GODS! I have missed him so. Despite that he might have been exhausted he summoned strength and lifted me. I buried my face in his shoulder as he carried my up the first flight of stairs to the main floor.

There *!!!* was a trandoshan in the main room! He barked his warning as we approached and Max ordered him to stand down. With some difficulty, Max saluted him. The trandoshan saluted back. We continued our climb to the second floor all the way around to the balcony. There he set me to stand on my own. Tears nearly stung my eyes with relief at the sight and smell of the fresh air. Cool and clear. I stepped to the railing and leaned my hands on it for support. The world looked so different... felt so different. The air was crisp. I asked Max whether it was morning or evening for I could not tell. He smiled a small right-sided quirky smile that dimples that cheek slightly. He honestly didn't know as he had not left my side. I watched him... marveling how I missed that smile, that small dimple, those deep blue eyes. I glanced for a second out at the sky as something sparkled in Max's eyes, reflected from the sky. Stars! *smile* So it was evening. I leand into Max, growing tired from the standing already. He sat back against the wall and I sat in his lap his cloak about me, and his arms. We just sat there for hours and the evening deepened into night. Clouds rolled in with speed as they only do on Dantooine and began a light rain. Max lifted the hood to cover my head and let me know that if I grew cold or damp that we would go inside. I protested. I will endure the rain to stay ourside. I did not have to endure long. It evaporated quickly and the stars shone brightly moments later.

Max began to yawn. He is so tired. He has given so much of himself to me. He asked the doctor if it was safe for me to sleep out here with him and gained reluctant permission. We snuggled close. *wince* Relaxed. Snuggled... and slept. I woke to still see the stars of the predawn. I reached over to the datapad I had pocketed in the cloak and here I have updated my journal at last. I could not resist watching Max sleep, nor could I resist running my fingers through his slightly greying hair. He slept so soundly, he never noticed. *smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home