Monday, March 07, 2005

**From the journal of D. Narheen**

Late last night we finally had the equipment ready for the tranfser of the child from Miss Firecat's womb. It was difficult to do the callibrations. We had to keep making adjustments every few days as we added one small sample and bio-engineered sample at a time. I was truly afraid we would lose both mother and child before it was ready. When we finally began the surgery, Miss Firecat's vital signs were so low. I had already rellogated her to the realm of death and focused on the child. The surgery was simple and relatively quick. It was a standard c-section surgery to remove the small fetus. I had done hundreds. It was interesting to see the fluxes of the child's vitals as Lt. Col. Iafik focused on his child. There is a strange bond there.

I was amazed to see Miss Firecat still alive after the surgery and commenced stitching her up. Her vitals are so low that she should have slipped silently into death during the procedure. Maxell has been good by her side and I can see this is straining his tai'shan bond with her. Humans are not tough creatures. He is so drained. He must be keeping her tied to life. She will need booster stims for her vitals and a very rich IV injection of nourishments. The child is well, now I can focus a bit on her. She is very touch and go.

It is funny how men are with their unborns and partners. I have been threatened more in the span of 3 hours here than all my time in the Empire. And if all goes well... I will likely be priases. I just ignore it all. I have a duty... and that is to see this child live. Some genetic modification may need doing to ensure her survival. I will have to speak with Avios on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home