Monday, December 13, 2004

Feral calls to Feral... Need calls to Need

I insisted that Deomo meet me alone... somewhere remote. He actually agreed! Yes... i took a chance and skipped out on Brem when he was ahead making sure the coast was clear. My Tai'shan was almost in conniptions.

I HAD to see him, Deomo. I was called to. The feral... the lost and confused... need. Something in him needed me and called to me. I struggled with the feral inside me. We talked. It took all my strength and more to maintain a sense of me throughout. It was more tiring than I thought. I hoped... maybe... to reach something in Deomo... I needed to protect the others... somehow. I needed to reach the need in Deomo... beyond the feral. How could I? I could hardly keep my own feral at bay. We were so close. How close is too close? I could feel him wanting me closer. Want me. Not to kill me. I told him why I trust so few and he recognized that i was wronged. That struck me. He ... thought that the acts against me were a "wrong". Maybe... maybe he can be reached. I was growing too weak. My tenuaous bond with my Tai'shan was growing too strained. I made a hasty retreat.

Deomo. We will see each other again. I hope my words touch you in some way.

I needed the solitude that only space and stars could offer. But then came more poodoo in the hyperdrive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home