Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Lok 1 : POIs

We arrived on Lok. I shivered... despite the intense heat of the day. Thank Gods Brem was with me. I would have gotten back on my ship and left otherwise. I wanted to be brave. The past cannot hurt me. *the bad feeling still lingered in the back of my mind... but with no idea as to what*

We grabbed a shuttle to Sentinal City and biked toward the Great Kimogila Skeleton. Across empty parched earth... in a desolate area... before our destination... we came across a giant stone maze! Curiosity overcame fear and we explored it! I love mazes. At the centre was a clear fountain and sitting benches. It was ... peaceful here. The nasty feelings about the planet seemed to not exist here by this beautiful fountain. Before testing the water... Brem dipped his hand in and tasted it! But both he and the water was fine after I did a diagnosis. We filled out canteens here and headed out to the skeleton. Before leaving, or rather weaving our way through the maze to get our, I checked my datapad map... this was a POI, not one with a badge... but a POI just the same.

The skeleton was impressive. Not as much so as the Krayt skeleton... but still impressive. I got some pictures and obtained my badge for exploring it. As I was noticing that this kimogils died on its back with its legs up... my datapad beeped at me. I was awarded another badge! One for being a Skilled Explorere with 30 exploration badges. These badges always catch me by surprise! I don't count how many I have! I just explore for the interest of it!

Next POI: Mount Chaolt... The plains near this POI were while like snow and shimmered in the darkening sky. I stopped to test and taste the dirt... salt and calcium... explains why it was so white. I encountered a deep crater with smooth green water in it. I take it back... acid of some sort. Brem dipped his hand in for proof and watched the liquid bubble over his gloved finger. Sometimes he stresses me! We camped on the while sand. He was shocked by the size of my field base. *grin* The night was icy... ner freezing... but the fieldbase kept us both safe and warm. The days and nights are short on Lok compared to other planets.

Mount Chaolt turned out to be a volcano with lava bubbling, cooling, hissing steam... We grabben our badges along the rim of the greatest volcanic crater. And noticed that creature lived in the crater! AND that there were Imperials in special suits collecting samples.

As the noon heat fried us in our armor, we were chased by a blistering sandstorm almost all the way to the last badge-giving POI... The Imperial Outpost. It left us at the edge of a great sea. The Outpost was on the other side of the sea. Hesitant... but determined... (we were not overt anyways... and just being explorers) we headed out to the Outpost. It was no Outpost! It was a huge Base! Though not huge enough to have a shuttle port. MAany folks there were researched and non-military. Only a few officers and stormtroopers milled about. It is an explorers POI after all. And what a way to entice people to their cause by offering a safe place and good care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home