Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Temple Visit

My hunt for Blue Rug Adhesive is becoming frustrating. And I was having technical difficulties so flying about was way out of the question. Thinking that the day would be like this, I was pleasantly surprised to be contacted by Dolch who asked to come visit the Temple.

Usually he acts all tough... he is my superior officer, my hunt leader, the "don't get too friendly, I am a criminal"... I remember the great interest he showed when I told him part of my story, so he could understand why I have such difficulty being on Lok. Today he was... still somewhat stand-off-ish... but more friendly than usual. He wears his masks like a protective shield... as if knowing him will hurt us. Furshka knew him... knew him well ("too well" he would say). I have noted in her journal scraps that she regarded him as sensitive, loving, gentle. I know him to be caring and compassionate... concerned with everyone he encounters. Yesterday he had to run off to help someone. He is always doing this. Helping others. Today he had a bit of a break, so he visited the Temple.

He came in and before I could give him a tour... he went right for the area I had dedicated to Fyrshka. Will his heart ever heal? They loved each other well. I think he shields himself because of her loss too. He tells me to socialize... to open up and live a little... I think he needs to hear his own words. And I do not mean that in any rough way... just that I am concerned for him.

After the tour, we sat on the roof and I told him the rest of my story. As it started to rain, I sat close to him and wrapped my cloak about us both. He smiled and thanked me. he wanted to stay out and see the stars. I think he needed compassionate contact. He is so used to being needed that no one seems to notice... that sometimes he is in need.

Dolch, I am here. If you ever want someone to talk to.... By the way, I told you my story, Now it is your turn. I want to hear yours. (especially since I cannot read Spanish and that is what your bio is written in).

Afterwards, he parted to do some work in space.

Blimey was "playing" in space. That is the best way to descrbe it. He just has WAY too much fun up there... even when he is blown to pieces and has to eject! When the technical difficulties subside, I hope to go flying with him. He gave me a gift of a new Y-Wing LongProbe , the upgrade to the ship classes I can fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home