Thursday, November 18, 2004

Hunting with Pahoo

Well this was different... alomost a treat! I went hunting with Pahoo yesterday. As I have mentioned before... he is a Force Sensitive Bounty Hunter. He tends to shoot first and ask questions later. He, according to both Blimey and Fyrshka can be a sensitive and caring guy... who knows. He doesn't talk much... actions seem to speak more for him. He shields himself carefully so no one really knows what is going on inside in mind nor his heart. Hmmm... interesting fello.

Anyways, we went hunting. First we hunted critters and Mokks on Dantooine. He is very... trigger-happy! When I got overwhelmed but huurtons, Mokks and voritors, he pounced in to save me from death. Good thing... because that almost was the next hit! He claimed I needed to be "more proactive". What is THAT supposed to mean?!?! Geez and just 10min before hooking up with him Kaiyn said something similar.

After some hunting like that... he asked if I would like to join him on a bounty hunt. SURE! I wanted to see what it was like from his point of view.... what it is to do that job, especially since Brem is a Bounty Hunter. First it starts with a planetary hunt with a droid who gets a DNA signature to help the seeker droids track down the bounty. I was hoping my tracking skills would come in handy. We went from Karen, Naboo, to Kaadara, Naboo... for info and the planet searching droid. Then off to Dantooine for more clues. This was really interesting... like a game of clue, mystery and cat & mouse all rolled into one! We tracked his bounty from the Mining outpost up through Iberia City, where we almost lost him. Then to Agro Pirate Outpost and south to an un-named village where he was trying to hide. Pahoo's seeker droids track fast! My skills... were utterly useless. In the end , there was a fight... and we got the bounty. So, cat & mouse with a punch and a good payout! I can see why Brem likes his job... it is fun, challenging, interesting!

Then we took to the stars to hunt in space. Pahoo took me up in his Y-wing as his gunner. I have never been in this spot before. WOW! the view from there is absolutle incredible! The shot range allows me to shoot things coming from behind! However, enemis above or below certain points are safe from the gunnery shots. It was hard to be in this spot because I could not control where we flew and often lost the aim or a potentially good shot. I also suffered from vertigo fast! And had a terrible case of motion sickness. I was hard-pressed not to puke in his gunnery! As we pulled into the landing station, he had to show off a bit by "parallel parking" the ship ... hehe... got some great pictures... but was REALLY glad to land! So glad that I kissed the gound. Pahoo crumpled to the floor in laughter. he has no idea about my discomfort in space! I guess it was funny, though.

He invited me up to fly wingman. I had to decline... still too nautious. I prefer all four paws planet-side thanks! So we parted ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home