Sunday, October 03, 2004

OK. No More Stalling

When I stopped in Corellia to consider looking for wooly hides, I passes this young Zabrak, Malek, just sitting on the ground petting a very content looking bakaset mount. I looked up his bio. It was interesting, simple, but interesting. He is a member of UF: Unifying Force, which is a Rebel and neutral guild. His bios read:

~~~
I live in a world of sunlight and shadow
Always secretive - never deceptive
Always a killer - never a murderer
Solitary - never alone
~~~

Simple and interesting.

He noticed me and we chatted a bit. However the noise at the starport was unbearable so we went out of town and i set up a camp. We chatted there for a while... at least till someone stood on the rise and watched us suspiciously. I was uncomfortable. So we moved the camp farther out and chatted till morning.

I was not comfortable, but nor was i uncomfortable enough to leave. I think i was more curious than anything. But, I do not think I trust him. We talked about love and touch and what this all mans. i think he had "other" intention in mind, but I didn't budge from my comfort zone on it. I learned alot about what peopl consider love, lust, affection and all to mean to them. And I considered my mixed feeling for Blimey... and wondered. There was an interesting ease about talking with Malek, but not enough to "sit close with him so he could hold me". Do you see what I mean? I don't understand the need for strangers to be so close. He frequently challenged my comfort zone limits. It was a bit frustrating, but I tried to stay polite and distant.

Malek gave me a small ring to remember him by. A token he had taken from a Nightsister Queen.

I still am unsure about how i feel about the long conversation. But I do think i would not like to repeat it. I will be more cautious from now on. Long chats like that can go on in the Cantina. But not in a camp. i think he got the point that i was NOT interested. Whatever. I will go lone-wolf again. That is safe. Socializing is complex and troublesome with confusing boundary issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home