Monday, August 09, 2004

Coronet - 3

Today I ventured to the outskirts of Coronet to explore a bit and to hunt. hunting alone is comforting. I do not have to worry about people invading my space, prying, or touching me. It is safe.... I discovered that the creatures hanging around the city are easy to hunt. Durni's are a challenge at the moment, but everything else is very very easy. Corellia has attack butterflies! I worked on my unarmed fighting and more of my scouting. After a while, I discovered... I was ... kind of lonely. Even as a slave, I was never completely alone (especially after my first few escape attempts).

I am amazed that Blimey actually reads this journal. AND COMMENTS! Perhaps I should be more guarded about what I write. Or not. I got to learn a bit about him. It helps me understand and respect him and his choices. My choices are in my heart, safe behind stone walls.

I never got to check out the Points of Interest today. I chose to do 2 missions instead, to see what missions were like on this planet. Not much different than any other, just different critters. Blimey called me on the comm. He earned himself his own (not belonging to his guild) house. He gave me the coordinates and said it would be a good place for me to drop off supplies and resources for him when he is not around. The hospital rounds are keeping him very busy. Today he took a break from them to establish his new house. My missions were on the way to his house. And right next to free land where many houses and vendors and shops were set up. (it would be nice one day to have a house of my own. But that would mean laying down roots and potentially being found and enslaved again.

My day went from lonely to sourly annoying. My first mission was against diseased velts. i got diseased. There were so many of them. I was sick, hurt, and overwhelmed. Not that any one of them was difficult alone, but many of them, was too many, especially when diseased myself. Sitting in my camp, shivering from the disease, I struggled to craft more camp kits and traps. I was barely able to do so. Blimey came to assist me. He healed what he could, but couldn't heal the disease. I was goign to be a good bit of practice experience for him as I strive to do my missions despite the disease. He kept up with the heals, and when I got too run down, he took over the fight.

Once done we went to his new house. He seems so proud to own it. it sounds almost like he is a slave to his guild. Well, maybe more like a neglected member with obligations. If you want to know where this new house is, you will have to ask him. I have been entrusted with it and even set on the admin list for it. He is honouring me with the freedom (wow, the freedom) to use is when ever, if ever I need to. I sat there on the floor of the new smelling empty first room shivering from the damnable disease. He got me hot tea and sat with me and healed me as much as he could till the disease finally subsided. I stepped out into the evening as he was about to get himself some sleep before a long day of more hospital rounds. I was going to check out the POI's.. and it started to rain. Lovely. Not. Oh well, I crashed with my bedroll on his floor instead.

Laying there I pondered...
I tried to remember what it was like in the monestary when I was a teen. That was so long ago. Much of it is hazey save for a for key moments. My thoughts drifted to my time in slavery... and my mood fouled. I had heard that my old master had actualy survived my attack. I was so sure he had died. Maybe he was cloned. DAMN. I also heard that he had hunters after me. Hopefully they will not find me. I should make my stay on Corellia short and get myself back to that distant dust rock called Tattooine. he likely would not expect to find me there. I was never raised to be a fighter. Why would I ever let mys "soft self" endure such a harsh environment. he will likely hunt for me here on Corellia. I should keep more distance from Blimey. I do not want to get him mixed up in this. It is too risky. I have come to respect him... even like him. he is a reliable business partner and fighting comrad. I always feel he wants to be closer. But... that would put him in danger now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home