Friday, December 31, 2004

Deomo's Ordeal

Friday Night: December 31st, xxx4

We met in the temple. Cauil sat in the Office and Max in my little house.
I took the same meditation pose with Deomo as I did with Maxell earlier. Deomo was nervous. I could feel him all tense. Not scared. But very very uncertain. This would be ... a forging of a bond ... no one knows the outcome. But we do know... he will see the truth of his past. He will then need to face that truth and rise beyond it.

I meditated and shifted into the trance. Then connected to that tenuous bond. Then reach... reached and opened that bond, with Maxell's help, strengthened it. I pulled Deomo in to the visions. I reached up and touched the pendant and pulled Deomo deeper So he could see through the eyes of his child self. I... I was from the point of view of the pendant. The trust was seen there. Maxell sensed it. Deomo relived it.... every horrific ounce of it. I wanted to hold him and shelter him from the sight. But... he needed to see, for himself, and face it... just as I had to relive and face my trauma on Lok.

He danced on the edge of panic, the feral rising. Then he unleashed it. He raged. He raged at the walls. He raged at the pillers. He raged against the world. The galaxy has been so cruel to some of us. He raged... and then just collapsed. I called him. I called along our new bond. I called him back. I know he did not see everything. I saw something else. Maxell had whispered for me to remove the pendant. But... I could not... could not take the last thing a boy received from a loving father. I couldn't. When Deomo came round... so much changed. His colouring, his face, his eyes, the pendant. Like a cloak of dark magic... ancient... not exactly evil... but terrifying... enveloped him. He left the Temple. Ominous words upon his lips. Maxell urged me to go after him. But... I was spent. Drained... I could not even stand. I will have to call him back. if I cannot... Then Deomo will be lost. And the trial to balance with the feral... a failure. I will call him back. I have a bond with him. I can do it. Just... just not tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home