Sunday, August 29, 2004

Bad News & Friendship

As I waited for the ship to take me off Rori, a Trandoshan stepped up next to me. My heart pounded, rage and fear built. They are slavers. Here he was standing in the Rebel Outpost, a slaver by trade. If I could have killed in a single blow, I probably would have without a thought. I asked him what he was doing here. He said he was a slave trader by family trade and told me how he and his family work FOR the Imperials hunting Wookies and such to work as slaves in the Imperial Labour camps. I thought I would completely lose it and kill him. But he went on... and told me how he jad admired the Imperials so much thet he had asked to join them. (Fury) Then how they had laughed at him and insulted him that they would never let a non-human be Imperial, how non-humans were little better than guano (vynock shit). That MAYBE if he were Zabrak he could be fodder in the special forces. (confusion... and then concern... for Blimey) He then told me how he had spent 3 years in the Imperial prison for the beating he gave that officer. (certainty and yet confusion) Now that he has escaped, he works for the rebels doing everything he can to fight the Imperials and the horrors he is now aware that they do.

So now I know for sure that slavers and Imperials DO work together. I also understand why I was looked at oddly if at all when i was at the Imperial Encampment. I confronted Blimey about this over the comm. I think I upset him. I never meant to imply that he was involved directly nor to hold him responsible for these things. I just... I can hardly believe he would want tobe part and parcel of this kind of activity. I value his... company... friendship... too much. He... he even called me his friend. I guess we are not really business partners anymore. I know he would not get involved in such horrible activity. I hope he struggles against it in his own way. But for friendship's sake... I will try to be quiet, and not voice my concerns or opinions.

I was more afraid for him. being Zabrak and in the Special Forces... and referred to as ... fodder. He has a secret mission to go on. I am ... sickeningly worried for him. I have a VERY bad feeling about it.

I know and trust so few people. I do not want to lose him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home