Friday, February 18, 2005

Chaos on the Bond

I... stirred... confused.
*Max?*
Whare... am... I?
*Deomo?*
What... happened?

I heard the sounds of monitoring instruments and consoles. Itried to sit up to look around.
*PAIN*
I gentle hand held me down. The scent was familiar... Avios. Avios? The lighting was dim.
*MEELA!!*
She was fine... nestled in my womb.
*relief*
I felt weak... tired.

"You lost alot of blood Scar'let. Dad... Maxell... is here, in the chair resting. You are ok."

I looked over, Max was there. I drifted again... and dreamed... remembered. A nightmare. Real.

-----
I called to Deomo on the comm and along the frail bond. He was confused. Like he did not really know me, or that he had a daughter. *Karking spirit in his pendant struck and wiped his memory... again... GRRR* I called to Max to lend me the strength to reach Deomo. Meela reached out to him to with such excitement. It startled Deomo... and that in turn confused Meela. I summoned what I could. I tried to get Deomo to recall things. Finally I ran out of ways to jog his memory with words. I... *i am sorry* ... i did a dishonorable thing. I pushed myself along the bond to Deomo and let seep some of my empathy... forced into his mind all the memories I have. Just as he was beginning to recal... the spirit rose. I ... oh gods... i did not have the strength... and Meela was heading for it! I gathered her up struggling and passed her to Maxell. I called to Deomo. But the pendant was there laughing. Meela cried for her daddy. Max brought her close to Deomo and the pendant raged. Meela was startled. That was NOT her daddy. I took her from Max as it focused on him i pulled hard on his strength to keep me standing in this. But the spirit neither struck me, nor Meela, nor... Deomo. It struck Max! For a moment I could hardly feel him. The spirit then aimed to take hold of Deomo. Meela struggled in my spiritual hold. The feral and the Force rising in her like ... like... raging rancor bull. She escaped me. Fury in her at this thing trying to take her daddy from her. She drew on my strength and sapped me. Max was not there to help me. *!!* She pounded the spirit with raw force... power... and the incomprehension of a child's mind. I could sense Deomo connecting with her, regaining his sense of self. Max surged a moment along my bond and reached out to protect Meela. Where had not the strength... but the spirit struck him again and he collapsed. Meela raged harder at the spirit ... pounding and blasting it with raw feral energy.... The spirit relinwuished its hold. She then came back to cling to me as Deomo whispered along the bond before he too blacked out.

Pain. Searing waves of pain went through me.
And then stopped.
I lay on the temple floor.
Dizzy.
Tired.
Wet? But it was warm...
So... tired......
The scent of blood... my blood...
but I was so... tired....
*SCAR'LET!!*
*darkness*

-----
I... stirred... confused.
*Max?*
Whare... am... I?
*Deomo?*
What... happened?

I heard the sounds of monitoring instruments and consoles. Itried to sit up to look around.
*PAIN*
I gentle hand held me down. The scent was familiar... Avios. Avios? The lighting was dim.
*MEELA!!*
She was fine... nestled in my womb.
*relief*
I felt weak... tired.

"You lost alot of blood Scar'let. Dad... Maxell... is here, in the chair resting. You are ok."

I looked over, Max was there. I drifted again... and dreamed... remembered.
A nightmare.
Real.

*darkness*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home