Sunday, February 13, 2005

So Strikes an Angst Spirit

The spirit in the pendant took this moment of "weakness" to strike. It rose in a wave of energy from Deomo...

And Meela... gods... Meela reach for it curiously along the bond.

NOOO!!!

It called to her.

Deomo struggled. I struggled... torn between helping Deomo and protecting Meela. I could not do both. I... could not shield Meela. I tried. GODS! I wished I had nopt turned Max's offer down. Some time ago he offered to teach me how to properly use and shield with my empathy and I refused. Oh gods... I regretted that refusal now. The spirit charged across the bond to smash my dismal shields and then try to coax Meela out across the bond. If it killed her, Deomo was all his. Meela did not understand. It felt like daddy and not at the same time. She wanted to be there.

NOOOOOoooooOOo!!!

I dropped into meditation to conserve my strength and try to pull Meela back. Deomo... in a desperate attempt to keep the spirit from Meela ripped the pendant off. It's energy is so tied to his lifeforce though... I felt him drop as the pendant slipped from his grip to roll across the the roof a few inches. I heard his breathing and his heartbeat slowing... and slowing... *what do I do?*

I shifted into focus and summoned. I called on the Otherness that used to take me before to help Deomo. I felt the Force flow into me, surge around me. It wrapped around Meela and then forced my hand to pick up the pendant and retie it about Deomo's neck. It burned up the little energy I had conserved. I remember little else for a long time... darkness... shivering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home