Thursday, September 16, 2004

Disorientation

Well... i am not sure how long it has been as time in the Shift seems to be skewed. My datapad got wrecked last week when we were attacked an boarded. The carnage in the ship was... unbelievable. They (some small and fast lizard-like race) attacked us and tried to take the stasis units. We fought long and hard. Many were injured and dead, many of the stasis units damaged or taken. I am glad I kept up my practice of combat... it did me good when I fought for Blimey's life. His stasis unit was fine... even when it was jostled by the sudden jump. I, on the other hand, was not fine. Now I can really see why the bodyguards were necessary. Blimey would be lost otherwise. At the station, they did extensive doctoring. But they said they could do little more to help me until the Shifting meds wore off. So we were all split up onto different ships for different things.

The intact stasis units took their scheduled transit whish should get them to Radiant in about 2 weeks real time. The injured bodyguards were put into short-term stasis and sent on a medium risk transit which will get them to a med centre in Radiant in a few days to a week. I was among the emergency cases. We were put into a low-level stasis with high deterioration risk but sent by a fast transit and arrived in Radiant ... well today.

Or ... rather a week ago... I am all confused. Time is off and it will take me some time to get adjusted. This low-level stasis was to help regeneration. Most of us had to go through some form of reconstruction or cloning when we arrived.

That meant... I arrive and woke in my original core DNA signature, before any image designers had modified my looks. It also meant that I lost much in the way of skills and knowledge and memory. I am glad I have been so diligent with my journal or i too might have lost my mind as the Rodesian next to me...

So... now I have like a whole week of datapad journaling to get caught up on as i just got a datapad now and have been in Radiant for a week. What a time-mess. I am as confused as you are. I do not recommend doing what I have done. The cost... is too high and too risky... unless the reason is so important that none of that matters. Mine was.

Blimey will not arrive for another 2 weeks... and then be in the process of de-stasis (f that is what it is called) for another week.

I will try to update this journal to today's events and catch up on what has happened to me over the past week in this new dimension.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home