Friday, September 17, 2004

Day 2 in Radiant

Well... I tried my hand at this artisan thing. The helper droid advised me to use the survey device my trainer gave me and survey for minerals and then collect some samples. So I did. The minerals I surveyed were "known radioactive minerals" and there was lots around town. This will be an easy and quick collection... or so I thought.

My first attempt at sampling knocked me out and injured me so badly I had to be dragged to the cantina and then to the med centre. Fucking toxic waste. The entertainers werr shocked by my state and did their best to ease my stress and pain. Then the doctors practically swarmed around me. The man who saved me was Etodo, a human in the area who is working to become a full master doctor... like Blimey. He came out with me on my second run to survey and sample the toxic waste... but he just was not fast enough to prevent the damage it did to me. So round two landed me again in the cantina and med centre. He went to the med centre to care for another emergency and said he would wait for me there. The entertainers said I was out of my mind. I was quickly becoming the talk of the town. It was getting embarrassing. I met a master doctor in the cantina, Bordesc, another human. He helped me to the med centre, but let the interns work on me under his supervision. Then he buffed me a bit so I can go out and finish the damned sampling. He also asked why I wasn't sampling something safer. Why wasn't I? It was the item on the survey list. So off I went for fucking round three. and back I came... similarly damaged. I met several people in the med centre. Trandoshen are not just slavers here. ANd the people are more eclectic and friendly. Bordesc informed me that the ration of Rebel to Imperial is like 60-40. So the Imperials do not have the hold they do in Corbantis Universe. Oh...

Advice to all out there... do not sample fricken toxic waste with your hands!!!
Get a harvesting machine to do it for you.

I learned from a MonCalamri hor to select other things to sample. DOH! I didn't have to harvest toxic waste... I felt SOOOOOooooooOOooo stupid. He also taught me his language. As did the trandoshen who trained me in some brawl skills and the wookie who taught me some scouting. I will still speak my own tongue though, unless they speak first to me in theirs.

I have no past here... and so no one is hunting me.... I have more freedom here than I did before. What do I want to do with myself? Who am I? What kind of person do I want to be? I will consider these questions while I retrain myself in the skills and knowledge lost through the journey here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home